Monday, January 24, 2011

IRS2GO App let's you check your refund status using your Android smart phone.

Apparently the Internal Revenue Service has decided to get into the app game for Android by offering the IRS2Go mobile app. For the first time ever you can check out your tax refund status using nothing more than your smart phone.

Not only can you get updates on your filing status, but you can also sign up for email updates and follow the IRS on Twitter as well. (why you would really want to, I have no idea).  I guess all we need now is Turbo Tax for our phones....

While I am a little skeptical about the security implemented for this app, I know most iPhone users and a good portion of Android users won't really care, so for Android users I've created and posted the QR code.  Have fun...

qrcode

*Non-Electronic filers need not download, as it will take 3-4 weeks for your filing status to be updated.

**Apple users can also grab it from the App store.

No comments:

Post a Comment